The Annual Meeting of the Southeast Asia Library Group 2022 will take place on 1 July 2022 at the École des Hautes Études en Sciences Sociales
and Campus Condorcet, Paris-Aubervilliers. It is organised in collaboration with the 12th
On this occasion, Marije Plomp (Leiden University Libraries) and Jana Igunma (British Library) are covening a panel on behalf of the Southeast Asia Library Group, with the aim to bring together librarians, archivists, area specialists, curators, and researchers. The title of the panel is “Southeast Asia Libraries between Open Science, heritage collections and ethical standards of custodianship”.
The panel will be held in two sessions on the same date of the SEALG Annual Meeting, 1 July 2022. The following paper presentations are scheduled for the day:
Session 1 (Chair: Jana Igunma)
1. The Irony of Abundance: Open Science, Copious Resources, and yet Low Research Output (Taufiq Hanafi, KITLV)
2. From Malay to Malaysiana: Collection between Access and Preservation (Awang Azman Awang Pawi, Academy of Malay Studies, University of Malaya, & Haslan Tamjehi, University of Malaya Library)
3. Bridging the gap: Managing colonial collections, best practices and opportunities at the Asian Library, Leiden University Libraries (Marije Plomp, Asian Library, Leiden University Libraries)
4. Researchers' archives online and Open Science diktats (Louise Pichard-Bertaux, IrAsia, Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique)
Session 2 (Chair: Marije Plomp)
5. Whose Manuscripts are These? The Problems of Authorized Custodianships of the Exiled Clerics Manuscripts in the Nineteenth Century of Colonial Java (Wahyu Widodo)
6. Searching for ‘the real’ Doctor William Bosch in the Dutch colonial collections (Rupalee Verma, Delhi University)
7. Digital Collections of Shan Manuscripts: Access, Discovery and Evaluation (Jotika Khur-Yearn, SOAS University of London)
8. The Thai tradition of manuscript copying and related curatorial challenges (Jana Igunma, British Library, London)
SEALG members and guests are warmly invited to attend the panel. In this case please register for the conference by 28 June 2022.
Members of SEALG who wish to attend the Annual Meeting only do not need to register for the conference.
For more information, please contact Jana Igunma by email.